George L. Maloomian
George L. Maloomian is CEO of Cambridge Properties, Inc., a Charlotte-based commercial development and brokerage company founded in 1989. As CEO, George is active in the development of commercial, retail, residential, land and multi-use projects in North and South Carolina. George also oversees the high-level activities of company-managed and third-party-managed shopping centers.
- Oxford Development Corporation - Vice President & Development Partner
- Independence Holding Company - Vice President
- Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) - Manager
- University City Partners (UCP) (a municipal service district) Founding Board Member and Chairman
- The Family Center Board Member
- South District Planning Commission
- Police Consolidation Task Force
- University City Area Chamber (UCAC) Board Member
- Rotary International
- St. John’s Episcopal Church
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Former State Director for the Carolinas Region
- Chair of the Carolinas Ideas Exchange (2 years)
- Government Affairs Division - Participates in state and federal lobbying
- Charlotte Region Commercial Board of Realtors (CRCBR)
- Urban Land Institute - Active Member
- University of Virginia - Bachelor of Science in Finance and Market Research
- The American University - Master of Business Administration (graduated with honors)
- Food Lion
- Lowes Food Stores
- Lowe’s Home Centers, Inc.
- The Home Depot
- Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc.
- Eckerd Drug Stores
- Meeting Street Homes
- David Weekley Homes
- Ryan Homes
John J. Priester, Jr.
As President, Jay’s role is to identify new development opportunities and complete project oversight. Jay's sole focus while at Cambridge for the past 15 years has been sourcing and developing commercial real estate. Such expertise is essential in negotiating purchase contracts, navigating the entitlement process, horizontal and vertical construction and ultimately project stabilization.
Jay also leads the Cambridge Leasing Team, while focusing his efforts on all anchor tenant and build-to-suit leases.
Brianne L. Moran
Controller & Property Manager
With 23 years in the commercial real estate industry, Brianne as Controller focuses on accounting, title and legal document activities for Cambridge. She also handles financial reporting, budget preparation and cashflow management together with managing general business operations. As Property Manager, Brianne oversees operations of the retail properties. This includes the day-to-day needs from maintenance to rent collection and lease administration to ownership reporting and monitoring occupancy levels necessary to maintain and enhance the portfolio.
Nate is responsible for sourcing new development opportunities and providing full support in the implementation of Cambridge Properties projects for both retail and land development. His responsibilities include market research, site identification, contract negotiation, due diligence, financial budgeting, pro-forma analysis, construction monitoring, and leasing.
Real Estate Manager
Meredith provides support for all development, leasing and property management activities within Cambridge Properties. She assists with preparation of Contract and Lease Agreements, marketing materials, tenant prospecting and development research. Meredith also assists with aspects of property management and handles day-to-day office management.
As a licensed broker, Meredith is a vital part of the Cambridge Leasing Team.
Barrett Blackburn, PE
Project Manager: Design & Construction Services
As a project/construction manager for Cambridge, Barrett is involved with projects from initial due diligence through obtaining certificate of occupancies. His responsibilities include site design, entitlements, managing consultants, obtaining required permits, overseeing the bid process, and the execution of construction documents.
Barrett is a licensed Professional Engineer in both North Carolina and South Carolina, as well as is a licensed broker in North Carolina.
Dan Thorn is the Staff Planner for Cambridge Properties, Inc., with 33 years of experience in planning commercial, retail, residential and multi-use projects in Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. Dan has a background in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Land Development and Project Management. Dan is a federally licensed drone pilot and flies new projects as part of the due diligence process as well as the existing portfolio.